Hi there, Remote Work Tribe, and welcome to our fiftieth Weekly Roundup! After scouring through thousands of tweets, making hundreds of connections, and sharing dozens of posts, we can’t believe we’ve officially hit Roundup Number 50. Now that we’re nearing the one year anniversary of our inaugural Weekly Roundup (which you can still check out here!), we figured now is the perfect time to take a look back at a year of Weekly Roundups.
In case you’ve missed the past 49 Weekly Roundups, let us give you a quick synopsis: Each week, we search the web for the trending threads, relatable tweets, and insightful articles into the world of remote work. We touch on everything from evolving policy and pay debates to team building and effective asynchronous communication, giving you a look at what your peers are saying in real-time.
Of course, this year has been quite eventful — we’ve lived through a global pandemic and a more massive shift to remote work than any of us could have ever imagined. While there’s been a substantial learning curve for veteran remote workers and newbies alike, we’ve been able to come together in our search for the most up-to-date information. Plus, we’ve been able to share quite a few much-needed laughs along the way.
Favorite Moments from Our Weekly Roundups
Though we could never pick a favorite Weekly Roundup out of the past 50, there have certainly been a few that proved especially helpful to our community. Take a look at our favorite moments from the past year of Weekly Roundups.
✅ Discussing virtual learning and remote work at the start of the pandemic.
✅ Sharing burnout prevention strategies in the thick of the pandemic.
✅ Creating an entire burnout guide to help remote teams navigate this stressful and uncertain time.
✅ Talking about our predictions for the future of remote work.
✅ Encouraging the growing excitement for remote team retreats as companies sought out meaningful ways to connect.
As we continue to craft Weekly Roundups, you can bet that we’ll continue to provide the most helpful information for the remote work community. Speaking of the most helpful information, check out what your fellow remote workers were up to this week! 👇
The Tribe’s Weekly Vibes
1. This excuse for being unbearably late to a call (see what we did there?).
2. This reminder that your self-doubt could be stemming from a poor manager.
3. This insanely relatable moment when your kids know *just* what to say.
4. This simple rule to remember.
5. These valuable lessons for first-time founders.
6. This kind soul.
7. This thread of threads to master Twitter like a pro.
8. This reminder to practice empathy.
9. This PSA of where and how to place important company information so that it’s accessible to all.
10. This push to stop the cycle of shame.
11. This more realistic look at the consumer journey.
12. This recent Apple update that all email marketers are talking about.
Thank you for hanging with us for 50 Weekly Roundups, Remote Work Tribe! 🙌 We want to hear from you now more than ever. Tag us over on Instagram, @TheRemoteWorkTribe, or on Twitter, @RemoteWorkTribe, for a chance to be featured on our next weekly thread!