Hi there, Remote Work Tribe, and welcome to the first Weekly Roundup of May! If you’re new here, the Weekly Roundup is a collection of the latest remote work threads, relatable Tweets, and helpful resources. Last month, we detailed our journey growing a community. This week, we want to shine a spotlight on other rising communities across the remote space.
We were inspired by this Tweet by David Spinks, Vice President of Community at Bevy, an enterprise software designed for virtual conferences and community events. After all, who best to spearhead a thread of communities other than the Vice President of Community for a platform used to grow and scale global rising communities?
We’ve gathered just a fraction of the many responses David received on his original Tweet. Let’s take a look at some of the rising communities to take note of in the remote space.
A Rising Community for Scaling Freelancers
Are you a freelancer looking to increase your rates? This community is probably for you.
1. @joinPF – https://t.co/ZcPoWKeRlP— Elise Dopson ⛰ (@elisedopson) May 4, 2021
2. For freelance writers who want to scale from $250/post to $1k+
3. We interview smart folks who’ve actually done the above (like @kaleighf, @kat_boogaard and @MarijanaKay)
A Community for Emerging Communities
A community designed for rising communities?! Sign us up.
1. https://t.co/WjdwVdxoeC— Patrick McCrann (@pmccrann) May 5, 2021
2. Creators and founders of emerging communities.
3. Community leadership can be effective & sustainable. Weekly group meetings help participants collaborate and implement critical changes to improve the community experience. Launching June 2021.
A Crucial Community for Changemakers
Change is long overdue in most large-scale organizations. Hit up the Cultivators Community to start making an actionable difference.
1. The Cultivators Community— Steve Garguilo (@sdgarguilo) May 4, 2021
2. Changemakers working to challenge the status quo inside large organizations
3. The diversity of ppl and orgs represented in the community, and how much people support each other to make changes at their workplaceshttps://t.co/6hyGpjpPZ8
The Growing Remote Work Tribe Community
I’m all about this.— Jessica Malnik (@jessicamalnik) May 4, 2021
2. A community for any founders, marketing, or customer success folks leading remote-first teams.
3. Informative longform content on nuanced “soft skill” topics that aren’t easily Googleable.
A Directory of Communities
Want more eyes on your rising community? This directory of communities is for sure “what the internet deserves.”
WOW what a thread. Some really amazing communities y’all are building.— Hive Index (@thehiveindex) May 4, 2021
If you community builders would like to list your community on https://t.co/lvMw9GMj3z to reach more members (for free), please do so!
We are making the directory of communities that the internet deserves.
So, did you find a rising community of interest? Give us a shout on Twitter to let us know! But before you leave, check out what other members of the Remote Work Tribe were up to this week.
The Tribe’s Weekly Vibes
1. This quick hack for when life gets a bit tough.
2. This fantastic method of measuring personal success and joy.
3. This drool-worthy thread of dream remote work set-ups.
4. This reminder to recognize when you need a recharge — and to enjoy the simple pleasures.
5. This point to consider when recruiting a new team member.
6. This LOL-worthy Tweet all of our paid media friends will understand.
7. This spot on hashtag analogy.
8. This point that team leaders need to remember — especially as we work our way back to “normal.”
9. This interesting poll regarding that dreadful “return to office” email.
10. This shout out for everything project managers juggle daily (we see ya’ll!).