In this episode of the Remote Work Tribe podcast, we talk with Dan Oshinsky, founder of Inbox Collective. His consultancy works with news organizations, non-profits, and brands to help them grow audiences by thoughtfully crafting emails.
Before becoming a consultant, Dan was Director of Newsletters at The New Yorker and BuzzFeed, and in this episode, he shares his journey to becoming a consultant and business owner.
- The transition to becoming a consultant? (0:52)
- His process of becoming a solopreneur back in 2019. (03:30)
- Dan’s mindset shifts to becoming a consultant. (6:50)
- How to do hiring? (11:45)
- How a managing editor helped Dan scale the business. (17:27)
- Management style and how to structure the business. (20:37)
- Milestones that suggested expanding the team were needed. (22:55)
- What are Dan’s mental models for deciding what to focus on next? (27:22)
- Exciting projects for Dan’s team in 2023 (31:21)
- Lighting round questions (34:50)
We hope you enjoy it!
Links mentioned on the podcast.