In this episode of the Remote Work Tribe podcast, we talk with Pete Caputa, CEO of Databox. He shares his learnings while working at Hubspot, how he structured the Databox team to empower employees to grow, and the difference between coaching and training, among many other subjects.
We also discuss new managers’ most common mistakes and how to overcome them. If you are a new manager, this episode is perfect for you.
- Interesting projects Pete is working on these days. (0:25)
- How did the Databox team come up with the benchmark product idea? (1:15)
- How is the Databox team structured? (2:56)
- How does hiring work in Databox? (4:55)
- What were some things he looked for during the hiring process for high-level executives? (7:25)
- How to do coaching and training in your organization. (9:43)
- How to structure and run 1-1 calls. (15:20)
- How to make sure your employees succeed. (21:25)
- How promotions work at Databox. (23:30)
- Biggest mistakes first-time managers make (27:01)
- Extroverts vs. introverts in management. (29:45)
- Lightning round questions. (30:45)
We hope you enjoy it!
Links mentioned on the podcast.