In this episode of the Remote Work Tribe podcast, we chat with Corey Haines, creator of Swipe Files and cofounder of Swipe Well. Among many subjects, we talk about building products your customers need, managing projects and tasks in an asynchronous setting, the importance of deep work, and much more.
- Exciting projects Corey is working on these days. (0:34)
- How did the Swipe Files idea turn into a business? (1:52)
- How did Corey test and build Swipe Well? (5:23)
- How did Corey prioritize Swipe Well’s features? (7:50)
- Example of a customer’s pain point and how it translates into features. (11:45)
- How does Corey structure his days to work on several projects at the same time (14:20)
- How does Corey structure tasks for all his projects? (18:49)
- What does a perfect workday look like for Corey? (20:39)
- Strategies to improve asynchronous work. (23:46)
- Does the act of writing ideas force you to be more clear about what you want to communicate? (27:08)
- How to reply to unnecessary meeting requests? (29:39)
- Tips for people used to meeting-first cultures to switch to async. (32:07)
- Lightning round questions. (34:40)
We hope you enjoy it!
Links mentioned on the podcast.