In this episode of the Remote Work Tribe podcast, we chat with Joel Klettke, Founder of Case Study Buddy. He shares his personal story from being a solopreneur to a company founder, how to grow a team, build a healthy culture and thrive in a competitive space.
We dive deep into many topics, such as how to grow a team, find the right leaders for your organization, the challenges and benefits of asynchronous communication, and much more.
- How was his journey from being a solopreneur to a company founder? (0:55)
- What were some of the most important mindset shifts Joel went through? (4:40)
- Hiring senior people that can do better than you. (9:16)
- How is the Case Study Buddy team structured today? (11:34)
- What has Joel done to build relationships, find talent, and grow the team? (14:30)
- How to plan for an in-person retreat? (20:50)
- Is Joel an introvert? How does this translate into his role as a leader? (22:00)
- How does he run his hiring process for leadership roles? (24:30)
- How to run reference interviews to uncover the real story behind the person (32:20)
- Lighting round questions. (35:50)
We hope you enjoy it!
Links mentioned on the podcast.