In this episode of the Remote Work Tribe podcast, we chat with Josh Ho, CEO, and founder of Referral Rock. He generously shares with us his story as an entrepreneur who constantly learns and experiments to improve the business. We also discuss how to scale a company, how and where to look for top talent in competitive remote settings, metrics and accountability, and much more.
- What is Josh working on these days? (0:35)
- How has his process in Referral Rock evolved? (1:36)
- How is his team structured today (4:12)
- How to attract top talent? (6:40)
- How to stand out in a much more crowded remote market? (8:50)
- How to facilitate camaraderie and collaboration with remote teams? (11:50)
- Work-life balance and how to foster a healthy work culture? (15:50)
- How to find the right candidates for the team? (19:38)
- How does the hiring process vary from hiring a manager vs. an individual contributor? (23:30)
- What are some strategies to manage managers? (27:05)
- How does he set KPIs / metrics for his team? (31:30)
- What does his planning process look like at Referral Rock? (33:28)
- Lightning round questions. (35:45)
We hope you enjoy it!
Links mentioned on the podcast