In this episode of the Remote Work Tribe podcast, we chat with Jared Kleinert, Co-Founder/CEO of Offsite. Jared generously shares with us some of the nuances of hosting a successful offsite such as:
- Being intentional about the retreat.
- Understanding the importance of the venue as an experiential setting.
- How to take advantage of team retreats and increase their ROI
- When to plan for an international vs a domestic retreat
And much more.
- What is Jared working on today? (0:35)
- What was the inspiration for starting Offsite? (1:50)
- What makes a great venue for a team offsite? (4:45)
- What should companies think about when they are planning their offsite (7:30)
- How to balance “business as usual” presentations vs. experiential cultural activities in offsites? (12:12)
- What are some of the best icebreakers and experiences for company retreats? (16:10)
- Do you recommend running activities outside the venue or should be centralized? (19:10)
- Tools or resources to help you plan your team retreat. (21:10)
- Strategies to make a hybrid retreat exclusive. (22:50)
- Domestic vs.international retreats. (27:20)
- Lightning round questions. (30:45)
We hope you enjoy it!
Links mentioned on the podcast