In this episode of the Remote Work Tribe podcast, we chat with Kimberly Bringas, LDP lead at Drizly.
Kimberly has a strong people operations background (Ops –> HR –> Leadership Development) with over a decade of experience in Tech. This episode talks about strategic team building, innovative people processes, distributed team communication practices, sustainable culture development, and leadership coaching, among many others.
- What is Kimberly working on today? (0:35)
- What makes a great remote-first leader? (1:35)
- How can a leader adapt 1-1 conversations to remote settings? (4:15)
- Tools and tips to run remote 1-1 weekly conversations (8:15)
- Who should own the agenda, the direct report, or the manager? (12:10)
- The connector manager model. (13:30)
- Tools or training that people managers find helpful? (15:10)
- How to build a culture to encourage team members to grow? (11:40)
- Strategies to better lead asynchronously. (22:10)
- Most common mistakes people managers tend to make. (25:20)
- Helpful books, courses, and resources for first-time people managers. (29:45)
- Lightning round questions. (32:00)
We hope you enjoy it!
Links mentioned on the podcast