In this episode of the Remote Work Tribe podcast, we chat with Eman Zabi, founder at Terrain.io.
Among many subjects, we discuss her experience moving from a copywriting agency business to a SaaS mindset, what it takes to build and inspire great teams, and the advantages of no-code and low-code tools to create apps.
- What is Eman working on today? (0:35)
- What inspired her to create Terrain? (1:35)
- Training for teams at Terrain? (4:15)
- How to find generalists for your team and the thought process behind it? (6:30)
- Questions she asks during interviews to find out if people are passionate about their lives and work? (8:30)
- How to build a culture to encourage team members to grow? (11:40)
- How does Eman ensure people are collaborating on her team? (13:45)
- Her approach towards meeting and asynchronous communication? (15:40)
- How does she manage a service business together with a software business? (17:15)
- How to learn to delegate? (19:10)
- Mindset shift from running an agency to running a SaaS. (22:16)
- Advantages of no-code and low-code to create apps. (25:50)
- How to decide what should be the next features for Terrain (27:50)
- How being a copywriter has impacted her journey as a developer (29:00)
- How to get past imposter syndrome (30:10)
- Lightning round questions (33:00)
We hope you enjoy it!
Links mentioned on the podcast