In this episode of the Remote Work Tribe podcast, we chat with Tommy Walker, founder at The Content Studio. Among many subjects, we discuss the critical elements required to build a successful remote content team, the pros and cons of hiring in-house vs. freelancers, some of the most common mistakes new writers make, and much more.
- What is Tommy working on today? (0:35)
- How is The Content Studio team structured? (1:10)
- When does it make sense to hire in-house, and when does it make sense to hire freelancers? (2:10)
- How does the onboarding process work at The Content Studio? (5:30)
- How to get freelancers to want to work in-house? (8:15)
- How to build a culture that combines asynchronous and synchronous work effectively? (9:15)
- What are some ways to align teams of both in-house and freelancers? (12:45)
- The skills he looks for when hiring writers at The Content Studio? (17:00)
- What are some of the most common mistakes that writers make (20:55)
- The synergy between certain professions and proper blog writing (24:50)
- Lightning round questions. (27:50)
We hope you enjoy it!
Links mentioned on the podcast