On this episode of the Remote Work Tribe podcast, we are chatting with Jackie Dana who is a writer and editor and business owner at Watercolor Moon. Her clients include Namecheap, ad-hoc clients, and, on top of that she is currently writing a novel series and fiction writing on storycauldron.substack.com/. She also has lots of experience editing, blogging, content management, and leading writing teams.
In this episode, we discuss:
- A life in the day of a night owl business owner. (2:00)
- Asynchronous communications to lead remote teams (4:30)
- When to have synchronous and asynchronous communications with your team. (7:34)
- The skills an ideal writer should have. (9:46)
- Systems and processes that are essential to work with a writing team. (12:40)
- Mistakes to avoid as a writing team lead (15:50)
- How to convince internal stakeholders to adopt new tools (19:00)
- Google docs and other tools to manage docs (22:00)
- What does her process look like when writing fiction and nonfiction (25:10)
- The process of revising novels (28:30)
- Dripping out a book via substack (31:00)
- Lighting round questions (33:30)
We hope you enjoy it!
Links mentioned on the podcast