On this episode of the Remote Work Tribe podcast, we are chatting with Devin Bramhall, who is the CEO at Animalz.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What a CEO does is and how it can shift to match the rhythm of the org. (00:40)
- How to manage teams through the pandemic crisis. (03:57)
- Communication styles to leadership (Asynchronous vs synchronous) (07:50)
- How to encourage your team to provide candid feedback in a remote company. (11:05)
- Diversity at Animalz (15:00)
- Changes in the hiring process for diversity (19:20)
- How to manage team dynamics given the way the company scales (2020 to 2021) (21:10)
- Developing a healthy culture when growing the business (25:40)
- How to lead team meeting to make sure people feel included (28:40)
- Lighting round questions (31:30)
Devin also shares some of the lessons she has learned from leading a world-class content team at Animalz and how her role evolves to match the company’s growth and the many unpredictable external factors. She also teaches us how to become better leaders by simply asking and listening to the people we work with and shares a book that has profoundly helped her lead through tough pandemic times.
We hope you enjoy it! If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to us here.
Links mentioned on the podcast