On this episode of the Remote Work Tribe podcast, we are chatting with Mat Patterson who is the Customer Service Evangelist at Help Scout. Mat truly believes that great customer service comes out of a culture of valuing customers and the customer service team. If your team is happy, and your customers are happy, revenue will follow.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is humanity’s oldest complaint and what it says about customer service (1:40)
- Mindset shift in the customer service industry in remote times (03:30)
- How to collaborate in remote work settings (05:40)
- When to have synchronous and asynchronous communications with your team. (9:42)
- Best practices to become better working remotely (12:00)
- How to build comradery in remote work settings (15:20)
- Benefits from on-site retreats in remote teams (17:20)
- Things we should start or stop doing in the customer service industry (19:50)
- Lighting round questions (22:00)
We hope you enjoy it! If you have any questions or comments please reach out to us here.
Links mentioned on the podcast