In this episode of the Remote Work Tribe podcast, we talk with Jono Bacon. Previously, Jono led community efforts at Canonical, GitHub, and XPRIZE, and currently works with a broad range of clients from large enterprises to early-stage startups to help them build engaging, productive communities. We discuss how to build engaging communities, the importance of pragmatic opportunities, highlighting the power of communities, how to improve remote team management and much more.
- Some of the most exciting things Jono is working on these days? (00:37)
- Why did Jono decide to migrate from the 1-1 consultancy model to the 1 to many. (2:20)
- What are the biggest mindset shifts he went through by changing his consultancy model? (6:35)
- What are the most effective ways to run an engaging valuable community at scale? (7:45)
- Pragmatic opportunities and how to leverage them (11:05)
- How to highlight the power of community to team members who don’t see the value. (14:50)
- How can you align your community management with organizational goals if you do not have business acumen? (19:45)
- Strategies to manage a remote team. (24:16)
- Management tips in remote teams (28:35)
- What are the key metrics you have in mind if you are running a community? (32:44)
- Introverts, Extroverts, Ambiverts in community and remote leadership roles. (35:35)
- Lighting round questions. (43:12)
We hope you enjoy it!
Links mentioned on the podcast.