In this episode of the Remote Work Tribe podcast, we chat with Jesse Hanley, founder of Bento, which helps eCommerce and SaaS brands drive more sales with super-targeted, highly relevant email, SMS, and conversational marketing campaigns. In this talk we discuss how to use Discord as a customer success channel, what it takes to run asynchronous teams, and how to grow by asking others for help.
- What is Jesse working on today? (0:35)
- How is Bento’s team structured? (1:29)
- Running product support on Discord? (3:49)
- Advantages of running support and building communities on Discord? (8:10)
- How to set up Discord as the main support channel? (11:25)
- How to build team collaboration within Discord and the importance of Async communication? (13:05)
- Processes to onboard new employees in an asynchronous culture? (15:45)
- Mindset shifts from an agency to a SaaS company. (18:25)
- The importance of openness and transparency. (22:15)
- How to use Discord bots for tracking team performance? (23:30)
- Strategies for prioritizing customer requests on Discord. (26:00)
- How did he come up with the idea of Bento? (28:30)
- Lightning round questions. (30:50)
We hope you enjoy it!
Links mentioned on the podcast