In this episode of the Remote Work Tribe podcast, we chat with Mike Schaffer, Group Senior Vice President, Corporate Digital Innovation at Marina Maher Communications.
Mike has been named: One of the World’s Top PR & Marketing Gurus | Top 30 PR Pros on Twitter | A PR & Marketing Superhero | One of the Foremost Authorities on Trust in Business. In this episode, he shares decades of insight and experience as a remote leader in the industry. We touch upon remote leadership, how to develop empathy as a leader, radical candor, remote onboarding, and much more.
- Exciting projects Mike is working on today. (1:05)
- How his leadership approach has evolved since the pandemic. (2:30)
- How to manage digital relationships and social media with your team positively. (4:10)
- How to lead 1-1 meetings. (6:30)
- How to get to know new team members and develop a management style that works for them. (8:20)
- How to leverage both office-based and remote-first leadership skills. (11:50)
- How has hiring changed since the pandemic? (15:40)
- Mindset shifts that leadership went through to adapt to remote work (17:35)
- How to onboard remote employees (19:35)
- Asynchronous communication for onboarding remote employees (23:05)
- Introverts vs. extroverts and leadership styles (24:25)
- How to build an intentional remote culture (26:28)
- Most significant mindset shift Mike has experienced since 2020 (28:32)
- Lightning round questions (30:38)
We hope you enjoy it!
Links mentioned on the podcast